Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Looking to trade for pair 416-8A

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am hoping to do it relatively local, Milwaukee/ Chicago/ Fox Valley. I have pairs of 416-8b, 802-8d, 805B, 811B, 511B, n-500-c, 32B plus assorted singles of horns, crossovers, drivers and woofers. Please let me know if you are interested.
    Thanks,
    Marty

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    No, they are not the same, the 8B has a totally different magnet structure with correspondingly different TS parameters. gamallot is right though, there are some A and Z versions with 16? frames but I have not seen many. The 8A version is the one to use with the Hiraga onken enclosure and the 8B is the woofer for M19 clones.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member intotubes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aren't 416-8A's essentially the same as 416-8B's?
    That is the information I gleaned either from this site or audioheritage.org. For my M19 clones I was going to use my 416-8A's. I would trade but I'm a little too far away for a road trip.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the 416-8A in the 15" frame are designed to be mounted from the rear of the baffle and the back edge of the basket has strength ribs which make it tuff to front mount. The 416-8B in the 16" frame can be mounted from the front or rear.
    There are alot of 416 models out there and it is also possible they made the 8A model in a 16" frame for the dual mounting capeability.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Jim Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI Marty,
    I have a pair of 416-8A's in 16 inch frames that Bill at GPA reconed a couple of years ago. They're in fantastic shape and I've barely played them. I'm looking for a pair of 416-8B's for my Model 19's.
    I know I'm not in WI but if you're up for shipping perhaps we could trade.
    Regards,
    Jim

  6. #6
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After everyone here is happy and has what they need or want, I would love to hear opinions or facts.
    What is the difference between a 416-8A in large frame (16") and a 416-8B other then the magnet housing?
    Don't both use the identicle cone and coil?

    Gary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.